Archive for the ‘News’ Category
Please join us for a briefing on three major initiatives Australian industry and research are pursuing in the fields of radio-astronomy, vehicle to vehicle communications and co-operative transport systems. The immediate and downstream business opportunities for innovative Australian enterprises are compelling!
When: Wednesday, 20 April 2011 – 12 noon for 12.30pm to 2.00pm
Where: Seminar Room, Fisher Adams Kelly, Level 29,
12 Creek Street, Brisbane (light lunch will be served)
RSVP: Janice Humphreys
Ph: +61 7 5474 5164 or Mob 0404 045 955
Welcome Paul Thompson – Partner, Fisher Adams Kelly
John Humphreys, Chair, Australasian SKA Industry Consortium
Shane Enchelmaier, Manager Tolling Operations, BrisConnections – Dedicated Short Range Communications
Prof Ljubo Vlacic, Director, Intelligent Control Systems Lab, Griffith University – Cooperative Transport Systems
- CSIRO is building the Australian SKA Pathfinder (ASKAP) precursor telescope to demonstrate
- Australia’s technological capacity to host the Square Kilometre Array (SKA), one of the world’s largest and most ambitious science projects ever devised.
- Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V) and Vehicle to Infrastructure (V2I) developments throughout the world are being enhanced by Dedicated Short Range Communications (DSRC), which promises to dramatically save lives and reduce injuries. An Australian company is a key player in international field trials in this rapidly emerging area. www.ausdsrc.com.au
- Cooperative Transport Systems (CTS) solutions will reduce road fatalities, address traffic congestion, minimise CO2 emissions, increase people’s mobility and enhance transport system efficiency.
The Global Innovation Centre was founded in 1991 as one of the first technology management practices in Australia, building on the extensive experience of its Managing Director, John Humphreys in the fields of science, technology and innovation development. The Centre acts as a catalyst for
- facilitating knowledge-intensive industries and large-scale projects in Australia;
- representation of major national and international technology-based organizations;
- revitalising regional communities through technology-based initiatives;
- acting as a ‘gateway’ for new product commercialization; and,
- stimulating international export activities by Australian SMEs.
Under national contract to the peak industry body, the Australian Electrical & Electronic Manufacturer’s Association (AEEMA), the Global Innovation Centre manages and operates sustainable ‘best practice’ Industry Clusters on a nation-wide basis, whilst delivering a range of international export and business services through AEEMA International.
The Global Innovation Centre adheres to the highest standards of conduct and behaviour, which are essential elements of its management philosophy.
|New Industry Development
Cluster facilitation, technology road mapping, industry strategy
Secretariat, government lobbying, marketing, membership development, event management, joint venture facilitation
Cluster development and facilitation, communications infrastructure, regional diagnostics, investment attraction
Government grant formulation, business strategy and planning, market research
|International Trade Facilitation
Export planning, business coaching, market research and selection