Regional Development Through Innovation
The Global Innovation Centre views each region as an organic ‘whole’ where regional growth extends beyond economic factors to include key elements such as environmental sustainability; health and lifestyle; community revitalization; ethics and values; and social and cultural development. Such a model recognizes these factors are becoming more rather than less important in a knowledge age.
The Centre considers that it is time to modify the established focus on departmental, organizational and educational structures which entrench divisions and stifle creativity in all walks of life and embrace a more holistic approach. Our goal is to empower regional communities to react flexibly to the new opportunities of the knowledge age, collectively addressing the challenges of the new century.
The Centre has tailored its service offering to include:
- Cluster Development and facilitation (AEEMA Clusters in Qld and Vic) – Click here
- Communications infrastructure (QuestNet, Pacific Innovation Corridor & Townsville Enterprise
- “Regional Diagnostic” approach
- Investment Attraction (eg Hong Kong Jockey Club, Dascom)
- Economic Development Strategies (including Pacific Innovation Corridor – Brisbane/Gold Coast Corridor, Australian communities portal development, North Queensland region – innovation strategy etc.)