The Global Innovation Centre was founded in 1991 as one of the first technology management practices in Australia, building on the extensive experience of its Managing Director, John Humphreys in the fields of science, technology and innovation development. The Centre acts as a catalyst for
- facilitating knowledge-intensive industries and large-scale projects in Australia;
- representation of major national and international technology-based organizations;
- revitalising regional communities through technology-based initiatives;
- acting as a ‘gateway’ for new product commercialization; and,
- stimulating international export activities by Australian SMEs.
Under national contract to the peak industry body, the Australian Electrical & Electronic Manufacturer’s Association (AEEMA), the Global Innovation Centre manages and operates sustainable ‘best practice’ Industry Clusters on a nation-wide basis, whilst delivering a range of international export and business services through AEEMA International.
The Global Innovation Centre adheres to the highest standards of conduct and behaviour, which are essential elements of its management philosophy.
|New Industry Development
Cluster facilitation, technology road mapping, industry strategy
Secretariat, government lobbying, marketing, membership development, event management, joint venture facilitation
Cluster development and facilitation, communications infrastructure, regional diagnostics, investment attraction
Government grant formulation, business strategy and planning, market research
|International Trade Facilitation
Export planning, business coaching, market research and selection